WHO WE ARE
OAPA is an NGO based in Prizren, Kosovo and operates mainly in the Prizren region where numerous ethnicities live in a perfect harmony. Municipality of Prizren is home of five official languages: Albanian, Serbian, Turkish, Roma and Bosnian. OAPA it is mainly focused on youth issues covering almost all fields, but it is particularly involved on marginalized groups, communities and young women. What it is worth to mention, OAPA, has been partner of two organizations in implementing youth projects.
OAPA has been implementing a number of activities which target youth in general. Most important activities OAPA has implemented and relevant for this application are:
– Advocacy on youth issues to local and international organizations/institutions;
– Support to youth organizations in terms of capacity building, with focus on youth marginalized groups (special needs people and minorities);
– Organizing workshops and seminars on youth related issues;
– Promotion of the rights of marginalized groups.
OAPA has a significant experience in activities relevant to this application. Already has implemented two projects promoting rights of marginalized groups, more concretely young women. As partner organization OAPA has been involved in several projects among other, promoting health living, public awareness campaigns against drugs, against discrimination, a project promoting innovations by youth where a series of 10 (ten) workshops have been held so forth.
The skills and expertise of key staff involved in this application are as follows:
– Promotion, advocacy and awareness expertise on youth issues;
– Expertise in involving marginalized groups in projects of their interest;
– Studying and analytical skills;
– Networking and cooperation expertise with local and international organizations;
– Youth education and training expertise;
– Workshop and event organizational skills;
– Volunteer work by youth of different backgrounds and communities;